Thursday 15th January is Schools’ Census Day. Our school chefs have concocted a delicious change to entice the children to stay to lunch.
Fruit/Cookie/Fresh Fruit Cups/Yoghurts.
Although all infant children are entitled for a free school lunch, there are more benefits available to children in school for those families claiming some of the benefits below.
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
If you are claiming any of these, please see the office for a form and apply as this will provide extra ‘pupil premium’ funding to support your child in school.
Benefits for your child could be:
- Extra adult support
- Extra classroom resources
- Support with trip payments
- Support with swimming lessons and other clubs
Please see our website details to explain how we use this ‘pupil premium’ funding.
All applications received before census day will enable your child to receive support sooner.